I know this pasta looks pretty fancy, but looks can be deceiving. Believe it or not, this fancy – schmancy looking pasta can be on your dinner table in less than 20 minutes. Faster than delivery! Not only that but it’s very simple to make.
While your pasta is cooking, saute shallot or finely chopped onion- if you prefer, in a little butter until tender. Add chicken broth, fresh lemon juice, and zest. Let the mixture reduce by half – it should only take a few minutes. Stir in cream cheese and capers. At the last minute gently fold in the smoked salmon and the fresh dill. Now give it a taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
So simple but it looks like you spent hours making it. Now pour yourself a nice glass of wine. You deserve it after all of that hard work!
Creamy Smoked Salmon Pasta with Dill and Capers
Recipe source: A Vintage Kitchen
servings: 2 -3
- 8 oz. uncooked penne pasta or similar size pasta
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 1/2 cups of low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- juice and zest of one lemon
- 4 oz. light cream cheese
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. capers
- chopped fresh dill, about 1 Tbsp
- 4 oz. cold- smoked ( Lox-style) salmon, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain well.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat, saute shallot far 3 or 4 minutes until softened. Add stock, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Over high heat, reduce mixture by half.
- Whisk in cream cheese, add capers. Right before serving, gently fold in the smoked salmon and fresh dill. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Tags: Pasta, Smoked Salmon, Main, 20 minute meals